- Welcome and icebreaker activities.
- Overview of the club’s goals and the 10-week agenda.
- Welcome and introduction to the club.
- Brief on club’s mission and objectives.
- Overview of the 10-week agenda.
- Ice breaker activities for members to get to know each other.
- Overview of data science as a field and its importance.
title: Weekly Meeting Agenda subtitle: baseline for weekly meeting agenda author: Thaddeus Thomas —
Each meeting can have a unique structure depending on the nature of that weeks session.
Example of weekly meeting
General framework to ensure meetings are well-organized and efficient.
One-hour meeting structure
- Introduction (5-10 minutes):
- Welcome participants.
- Share the agenda for the meeting.
- Recap the last meeting (if applicable) and note any follow-ups.
- Main Agenda (40-45 minutes):
- This is where the main activities of the meeting will take place.
- For a workshop or lecture, this will include the main presentation and demonstration.
- For a discussion, this may involve presenting the topic and then facilitating a group discussion.
- For a hackathon or project showcase, this would include the actual work or presentations.
- Q&A/Discussion (5-10 minutes):
- Reserve some time for attendees to ask questions or discuss the day’s topic further.
- Encourage participation and interaction.
- Conclusion and Looking Ahead (2-3 minutes):
- Wrap up the meeting and summarize key points.
- Briefly mention what the next meeting will entail.
- Thank everyone for their participation.