- Discuss fundamental concepts of data science and its various applications.
- Definitions and key concepts in data science
- An overview of the data science process: data collection, data cleaning, data exploration, modeling, evaluation, and interpretation
- Different roles in data science: data analyst, data engineer, data scientist, etc.
- Basic tools used in data science: Python, R, SQL, etc.
- Applications and examples of data science in the real world
title: Weekly Agenda subtitle: baseline for weekly meeting agenda author: Thaddeus Thomas —
Each meeting can have a unique structure depending on the nature of that weeks session.
Example of weekly meeting
General framework to ensure meetings are well-organized and efficient.
One-hour meeting structure
- Introduction (5-10 minutes):
- Welcome participants.
- Share the agenda for the meeting.
- Recap the last meeting (if applicable) and note any follow-ups.
- Main Agenda (40-45 minutes):
- This is where the main activities of the meeting will take place.
- For a workshop or lecture, this will include the main presentation and demonstration.
- For a discussion, this may involve presenting the topic and then facilitating a group discussion.
- For a hackathon or project showcase, this would include the actual work or presentations.
- Q&A/Discussion (5-10 minutes):
- Reserve some time for attendees to ask questions or discuss the day’s topic further.
- Encourage participation and interaction.
- Conclusion and Looking Ahead (2-3 minutes):
- Wrap up the meeting and summarize key points.
- Briefly mention what the next meeting will entail.
- Thank everyone for their participation.